Electronic Dangerous Goods Reporting
Commerce Plus Haz is a national electronic dangerous goods reporting system. Developed in conjunction with Shipping Australia, Haz was designed to meet the following criteria:
A national system
- Simple, easy to use webform for MDGFs (Multi-modal Dangerous Goods Forms)
- MDGFs being validated against the IMO standards
- Improve time for Shipping Line approvals of draft MDGF
- AMSA and Port Authority access
Based on the above, Haz was developed with the following functionality:
- Translation of EDI and Proprietary Flat Files from Shipping Lines to Port Authority EDI Standards
- Web interface to complete missing or incorrect data prior to sending
- Data validation against IMO standards and local port requirements prior to sending to Port Authority
- Validation of Bayplan to ensure all Hazardous materials are reported
- Reuse existing data for transit cargo
As an Exporter or Consolidator you are able to:
- Generate or copy online MDGF drafts and send to the Shipping Line electronically for approval.
- Validate MDGF information against appropriate standards to ensure it is correct prior to sending to the Shipping Line.
- Notification of approved MDGFs online
- Print MDGF completed forms
- Send MDGF to transport and other interested parties
As a Shipping Line you are able to:
- Approve or reject MDGF requests online
- Import MDGFs into your backend application
- Merge Export, Transit and Import cargo to generate on bound Port Authority reporting
- Send Export and Transit Cargo as EDI to Port Authorities.